L.E.A.D. – Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
January 9, 2019
On January 9th, 2019, partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide will promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.). In light of recent negativity directed toward law enforcement nationally, there is a need to show law enforcement officers that our Washington State residents recognize the difficult and sometimes impossible career they have chosen, in public service to us all.
Washington State residents can show their support in a number of ways:
• Change your profile picture on social media to ours from our Resource library
• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
• Participate in Project Blue Light – Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
• Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization’s webpage or social media pages.
Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.